Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The pearl of price unknown

Every Tuesday, Laura hosts "Gradituesday". Today she was wanting people to write about things we love to be thankful for. There was only one thing that came to my mind- the Bible. Years ago, before I was a christian, if you had told me that one of my prized possessions today would be a book, I probably would have laughed. But, as most of you know, this book isn't just any book. It's a key, a gift, a treasure, a personally written message from my God. Ahh...how can you not love that?

Yesterday I took the children to the park (it was beautiful!!). I brought along my water bottle, bought a bag of Skittles, and took my Bible. With what has been going on with Cora I was somewhat of an emotional mess yesterday. I'm not sure why it has effected me so deeply but my heart is just full of mixed emotions. I'm happy for her gain. She gets to be with Jesus, away from all the pains and struggles of this life. But my heart certainly hurts for her parents and family. How hard this much be. I struggle with disappointment too. I think, in my heart I really felt she was going to be healed. SO MANY people were praying for her. But, I know, that God makes no mistakes. His ways are much more perfect than mine.

Anyway, back to my story! Yesterday, I needed some good one-on-one time with God. As I sat at the park I began reading Psalm 23 - 25. My heart was so uplifted. And it just hit me, how thankful I was for this precious book that many people in the world haven't even heard of. A book that can teach, encourage, edify, and so much more. It seems like too often I don't appreciate it. It sits on dresser for days not being touched (confession!!). If only I could remember the pricelessness of it. It holds SO much for me and others. Praise the Lord!

Also, please remember to pray for the McClenahan's today. Their daughters funeral is today and...well, I truly cannot imagine.

So, what do you love? What are you grateful for today?

Running the race,
~A

No comments: