Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Blessings

O Lord, Thou has searched me and known me.
Psalms 139:1

Lord Thou Has Searched
-John B. Dykes

Lord, Thou has searched and seen me thro'
Thine eyes commands, with piercing view
My rising and my resting hours,
My heart and flesh with all their powers

My thoughts before they are my own
Are to my God distinctly known
He knows the words I mean to speak,
Ere from my opening lips they break

Within Thy circling power I stand
On every side I find Thy hand
Awake asleep at home abroad
I am surrounded still with God

O may these thought possess my breast
Where'er I rove, where'er I rest
Nor let my weaker passions dare
Consent to sin, for God is there.

Amen.

Unfortunately, we are having to stay home from church today because of illness. But I hope, wherever you are worshiping from today, that you are filled with God's presences and reminded of the fact that God holds us in His hands. May we all have this spirit:

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
-Psalms 139:23,24

Sunday Blessings to you!

No comments: