Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Luke :: 6 years

Today my Luke turns 6 years old.
I tend to be pretty reminiscent on birthdays.
I walk around the house saying "6 years ago today we were..."
All. Day. Long.
My family puts up with me.
Bless them. :)

Luke was due on September 25th.
He was born on October 11th.
That's right...
over 2 weeks late!
I was in labor for 25 hours.
He was 9 lbs. 15 oz.
23 in. long
When he was born, literally every nurse/doctor in the room said
"Whoa! That is a big baby!"


It was love at first sight for me.
I wanted a boy so badly.
He was perfect.

At 6 years old...
his favorite color is purple.
He just learned to ride his bike without training wheels.
He is reading like a champ.
His favorite things to do are draw and ride his bike.
He is one of the most quick witted people I know.
He's shy around large groups but quickly comes out of his shell.
Loves to gives hugs.

"Luke" means "Bringer of light"
I pray he lives up to this name.
That he brings the true Light to those who live in darkness.

We LOVE you, Luke!
Our family wouldn't be the same without you!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

And he is adorable! Happy birthday to your little guy!! :-)

Marie said...

I love to reminisce too, Manda. I remember when you brought Lilly and Luke back to Kansas when Luke was just 3 months old. I was pregnant with Addison (newly). I remember him being such a laid back, sweet baby. He's still a sweet boy. And looks EXACTLY like your dad!!!