Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Luke's Birthday!

I love our family birthday's. We try not too make it a huge ordeal and we like to keep it pretty family oriented. We also like to keep things simple. At the same time, we want the child to know
how very special and loved they are. So Luke's birthday was really fun! Here are some pictures.

Because I know everyone was losing sleep and unable to eat...here is a picture of the cake. Now, I must say, that I cannot take credit for it. Wednesday night rolled around and I was still trying to figure out what to do. Finally, John said "I'll make the cake." I kind of wrinkled my nose and said, "What??" But, my John, is an artsy-fartsy. And I knew he already had his mind made up that he would do it. (His mom is a baker, I should probably tell you) So, I released the whole thing to him. My job was to bake the cake and get the icing ready. He cut the cake out and frosted it. Pretty good, huh?? I was actually pretty relieved, truth be told. Luke loved it. John modeled it after Luke's favorite Matchbox car. :)


Here's the birthday boy in all his glory! He was pretty excited. Mainly for two reasons 1. He couldn't wait to eat his orange truck cake and 2. Now that he is 3 he gets to start "school" on Tuesday. I don't even think he realized he was going to get presents!


This picture doesn't need much explaining. He was pretty excited though.


Grandma and Grandpa bought him a Thomas the Tank engine train set. He was VERY excited.


We got him a tricycle. He still hasn't quite figured out how to ride it but Lilly loves it! Ha! Luke likes to sit on the little step on the back and let Lilly drive him around.




So, anyway, it was a really good day. Most of the afternoon was spent watching the little ones play with all the new stuff. We had planned to set up the tent, start a bonfire, and roast hot dogs and marshmallows but the weather didn't cooperate. We'll have to save that for another day.

Last but not least. Here is a prego picture of me. I was officially 20 weeks on Friday. This may be TMI but I've been really swollen this pregnancy. Probably because I am on my feet ALL day. :)

I really hope everyone out there is doing well. And let me just say, I really enjoy reading everyone's blogs. I was just telling Marie the other day that it is fun to see what everyone is up to. So, keep posting! And thanks for reading!

Running the race in love,
~A

3 comments:

Marie said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That cake is amazing. GOOD JOB JOHN!

Amanda you look adorable. :)

Em said...

Way to go, John! That cake is really impressive!!

Leah said...

What a wonderful husband! :) And such a handsome little boy...and I really miss you too!! I love that I get a little glimpse into your life through this blog :)