Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cravings...

Sometimes the side effects of pregnancy just aren't fair. Especially when you have some SERIOUS cravings and those cravings happen to be Kansas City based. Doesn't my body know I'm not there??? You'd think after four years it would know. Well, since I can't actually obtain my much sought after cravings...I thought I'd blog about them instead. And maybe some of you Kansas City-ites will find you are craving them too! :)

Oh, Topsy's, how I love thee. Your cinnamon goodness is almost too much for me to take right now. I blame this one on my grandma. Every year at Christmas time someone would send my grandma a bucket with cinnamon popcorn in it. Of course, being a grandma, she always let us eat it all! I didn't realize until just yesterday that Topsy's was a Kansas based company. I tried to find a store and was very displeased that I'd have to drive about 16 hours to obtain my beloved, fire-truck red popcorn. Bummer...major bummer.

This lovely little baby is called povitica. Have you heard of it? It's a sweet bread that's rolled paper thin and then filled all kinds of yummy fillings then rolled up and baked. My personal favorite is the cream cheese filling but to be fair, I've only tried 2 of the 7 flavors. Yum! It's made in a part of Kansas City called Strawberry Hill. I'd never heard of it. This wasn't a yearly thing at our house but I've had it enough to know it's good and I want some....right now. www.povitica.com


I totally took advantage of these when I lived in Kansas City. Winstead's. You see them all over in KC. Sigh....unfortunetly not here. My craving for this one is totally mental. I don't even know (or care) what I'd order there. I just want to sit in the slippery, squeaky seats, hear the oldies, see the waitresses in their cute little diner apparell, and have a hamburger, er... steakburger.



Finally! One I can actually have! I blame this one on my mom. She loves this stuff and every year at Christmas time it was in our freezer. In fact, Mom, you've got some right now don't you?? I'm happy to announce that I will be making my way to Wal-mart tomorrow to buy some. My favorite side item to go with it? Oreos. Actually, we don't eat Oreos. We eat Newman-O's (google it). So tasty. I can't wait.

Well, thanks for putting up with the random ramblings of a pregnant woman. If you've even been pregnant, you understand. I feel a little better just typing about all that yummy food, even if I can't have it. :) Enjoy the rest of your week !

Running the race,
~A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you just gave me a great idea for our wedding favors...Topsy's!! It's KC based and we were thinking of possibly having something which reminded others of the beautiful city in which DF and I were brought together.

And yes, Winsteads is the best, isn't it? Oh how I love the squeaky seats also, Amanda!!

Marie said...

I'm glad you'll at least get your peppermint ice cream Amanda. That stuff is dang good, especially with oreos.