Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

CSA~week 2

No fun pictures this week. Sorry. We've a major flu bug running through the house right now and even if I had the time to take pictures...it wouldn't be a pretty sight. I haven't been able to leave the house in 3 days and so I had John pick up my goods on the way home from work. Here's what we got:

~cucumbers
~kale
~cabbage
~squash (still haven't used mine from last week!)
~strawberries
~beans
~beets
~eggplant
~carrots
~basil
~mystery herb (maybe sage?)

I also made an important discovery last week. I don't like beets. I made two different things with mine from last week. I made some roasted veggies with them and then I also made a chocolate beet cake. The cake was okay. Very moist, but not the best chocolate cake I've ever had. I did get to sneak some beets into their diet. :) To me, beets taste very...earthy. (that's my nice way of saying they tasted like dirt!) But we'll try some new recipes, thanks to your wonderful suggestions, and see if we can't find a better recipe.

Thanks for checking in. Now, I need to get back to cleaning up...well, I'll just leave it at that!

Running the race,
~A

No comments: