Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hit me with your best shot

My life has been pretty busy lately. But, by no means blog-worthy. (Who really wants to know how many loads of laundry I'm doing a day?) With school starting in t-minus 5 days (!!) I've been trying to give the house a good clean, catch up with the never ending laundry, and bake a few things ahead.

But, I haven't abandoned my poor little blog! Since I have nothing exciting to blog about I thought I'd give anyone who wants to (or cares!) the opportunity to ask any questions you might have. I'm really not that exciting but, let's face it, we aren't your normal American family! Any questions out there that ya'll have been wondering??

How many loads of laundry DO you do a day? :)

What are you reading?

Why did you have 4 children in 5 years?

What's your take on Christmas? (Oh boy...)

What is my church like?

You get the idea! One of my New Years Resolutions this year was to be much more open and honest on my blog....more transparent, I guess you could say. I know there are a few people who read this blog who have never even met me. Maybe you've been wondering something. I don't get offended easily so don't be shy! If you don't feel like leaving your name I've enabled the anonymous button in the comments section. ...Or, maybe, you all have me figured out. No questions. And my goal of being transparent has been met. :)

Thanks for reading!
~A

6 comments:

DeWeese Fam of Four said...

I'll ask a question Amanda...
My hubs and I spent the weekend in a neighboring Amish community. Is your denomination or community Amish? Do you consider yourself Amish? I grew up in a conservative Mennonite community, but they always distiguished themselves as "not Amish".
How are you accepted or not accepted by those in the very traditional Amish community? Thanks!! Janae

Erika said...

I love the fact that you're not the "traditional" American family. :) I have been moved and challenged by the way you let your understanding of the Word influence your daily life. Hmmm...questions...I have one.

Do you actually live in a geographic "community" of sorts? Or does everyone in your church just live wherever they want? I was especially wondering about this when your last house was ruined and you just moved into a new house so quickly.

jenifriend said...

What helped you make the decision to forego department store clothes for you and your girls? Was it faith-based? Was it financially-driven, or perhaps for modesty reasons? And...do you wash your hair with baking soda like I do?? :)

Marie said...

I've already asked you all of my questions! A lot! Plus I've argued with you, but you never got upset with me and have always been very honest. I really appreciate that about you. I love you!!

P.S. 4 is not thaaaat many kids. I might have 4 too!

P.S.S. Do you secretly wish that you had named Bradley Yoder? :)

Zombiemommy said...

I would be interested to know what style of child rearing do you use? Or what book do you think represents best?

I have 3 children under the age of 5 and I think this is my biggest battle, trying to balance my faith and child rearing, I don't feel very Christian when I yell:)

Anywho and I am interested in details about your church life too. I live in NW GA and we go to a a regular church and a house church too. But am very interested in learning more about real people living in community.

Josie said...

I hope I am not too late to ask a question.

My question would be do you have any advice for a mom who is a bit nervous, and or scared about having another baby? Does having a second child just come naturally and does everything fall into place?

Thanks!