Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On my mind and my heart...

I really enjoy reading blogs. I like being able to see what's going on in my friends lives. I like reading new recipes, tips for keeping house, and other "homemaker-y" type things. One thing I have been looking for and had yet to find (until now) was a blog that was directed toward homemakers but had a heavy Christian weight to it. Let's face it, all moms get burned out at times and I wanted a blog I could go to that was written by a woman to other women that would encourage, uplift, and teach. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the Bible. And, of course, I get SO much encouragement from it, but I found A Wise Woman Builds Her House just last week and I have soaked up everything she shares. It is exactly what I was looking for! You see, I went through a period of time where I had totally lost the joy in my job. I love my children and husband, that never changed. But when I woke up in the morning, I didn't look forward to my day. I was irritable, grumpy, quick to anger and well, a real pain! This went on for (to my shame!) several months! I knew my attitude wasn't right. I prayed and prayed for the Lord to rescue me from this unhealthy attitude.

Fast forward to two weeks ago and the Lord had given me a whole new outlook, it seems! He showed me my purpose and given me back the joy that only HE can give.

"This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." ~Nehemiah 8:10

I quickly realized that I had let Satan get to me. I had let him whisper in my ear the lies that he loves to tell. I always think of the book The Screwtape letters. I imagine Satan sending one of his demons to confuse and discourage me, while they write letters back and forth discussing my case. Yikes! Thank you God, for hearing my prayer!

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe" ~Proverbs 18:10

So, why do I share all this with you? I wanted to let you moms know that every mom goes through a time of feeling discouraged, inadequate, and overwhelmed. But the key is to know where to look when that time comes. Jesus!

I also wanted to share the link to todays post at A Wise Woman Builds Her Home. The issue she discusses today is something that has been on my heart since my joy returned. The world can be a very hard place to live, especially for Kingdom Christians, who live to follow God at all costs. Our homes are to be a place of refuge from that world and we, as the homemakers, play a very large part in that. If you have a few extra minutes take the time to read it. It will get you thinking, I sure!

Thanks for reading. I pray your day is as blessed as mine is sure to be!

Running the race,
~A

4 comments:

Marie said...

Do you think you were dealing with some postpartum depression issues this time around? Glad you're feeling much better now!

Amanda said...

Honestly, Marie, that thought hadn't even crossed my mind! I don't know why. I went through a little bit of that with Lilly. But I googled the symptoms and that is NOT what I was dealing with this time. It's hard to describe, but all I can say is that I lost my joy. I know that's vague and I know how you hate vague answers! I think it was more of a spiritual nature for me. And, thanks! I'm glad I'm feeling better too!

Marie said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my last post. You're a good friend to me, that's for sure.

Bernard said...

Thankss for writing