Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Tea Party

I love having daughters. Especially really awesome daughters like the ones I have. :) Sometimes when I think of the responsibility that has been given to me, of raising up these two beautiful girls into godly women....oh my. Am I, at all, qualified for this, Lord?? But:

"If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

I know, together, with the Lord and John by my side they will be amazing young women.

Today Lilly wanted to throw a tea party for her brothers. Since John and I are always trying to teach the children how to serve one another, I thought this was a wonderful idea. So, we got out her tea set, slapped some peanut butter on some Ritz crackers and broke out the Collins Street Bakery Cherry cookies that we received in the mail yesterday (thanks, mom and dad!)

She was quite the hostess, if I do say so myself. The boys were so thrilled with the whole thing.
Not only did Lilly host the tea party but she washed all the dishes afterwards without me even asking!

Did I hit the jackpot for "amazing daughter" or what?
And because I simply cannot blog about the children and leave out little Miss Kate, here's a picture of her. She'll be turning 1 on the 25th.

I can't believe it! (please excuse her runny nose....gotta grab a good picture while you can!)


Check out A Wise Woman Builds Her Home for some inspirational words about raising daughters.

Be blessed,
~A