Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hey! Hi! Hello!

Sorry for the brief disappearing act the past couple weeks. We took a trip to Kansas to visit my family (which was wonderful!) and what was supposed to be a week and a half trip turned into a 3 week trip thanks to a lovely flu bug. We just got back yesterday and we are all trying to get back into the swing of things around here.

I was going to write a post about all the fun we had in Kansas and include lots of fun photos but come to find out...I didn't really take that many photos! Oops.

We did a lot of this:


The children had a blast with their Uncle...many new toys were brought home.


I met up with some of my college friends and their kiddos.


While we were visiting I handed my camera to one of the budding photographers (who may or may not have been 3 years old) and got lots of pictures like this:


On the way home we drove through the Smoky Mountains. Gorgeous!


I'll spare you any pictures from the week of THE FLU. It wasn't pretty.

We came home to our yard looking like this:


Yikes! Hello, grass. Haven't seen you in a while!

On a better note one of our friends plowed up our garden bed while we were gone!


Yay, for pleasant surprises!


We had a great time! Now it's time to get back to business!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Oh look at that lovely plot of soil just ready to be planted. I hope to get there soon. Have fun and post a lot about your garden so I can learn from you!

Steve, Amanda, Kyle , Owen, and Madilyn said...

Looks like you all might have a little photographer on your hands. :)

I am so jealous of your garden! Mine isn't very big, but it still is so much fun to have.