Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A blog you need to read

I love reading blogs. I love reading people's ideas, perspectives, and thoughts. I subscribe to cooking blogs, christian blogs, "mommy" blogs, homeschool blogs, decorating blogs, craft blogs, all topics that are near and dear to my heart.

One blog has consistently stuck out to me over and over again, though. The Doorpost Ministries blog has been encouraging, enlightening, entertaining, and uplifting to me in so many ways. I've been a huge fan of their products (which is a whole other blog post! I LOVE their stuff!) for well over a year now and so when I saw, back in March, that they were starting up a new blog you better believe I subscribed right away! Doorpost is a ministry dedicating to helping parents apply scripture in their homes. An area I can always use good advice in! The things I love is that not only is Pam (the main contributor) so encouraging but her advice is practical and totally do-able. You can tell just by reading her blog that she has a passion for godly homes.

So, if you haven't checked out Doorposts of Your House yet, head on over there, browse around and look through all the wonderful ideas and encouraging words she has to share. I am such a huge fan that I have a nice little button on the right side of my blog you can follow to get there.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old he shall not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

This verse has been both a burden and a joy to my heart. It makes me realize the great responsibility that I have as a parent but also it reminds me that if I am faithful to teach my children God's truth it will be worth it! God has impressed on my heart that now is the time! My children are young and are looking to my husband and I for direction and guidance. May He give us all the grace and strength to be faithful in our calling as parents.

Blessings!

No comments: