Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

L-O-V-E

Today has been one of those days where I have been in constant thought. To the point where the children would say my name over and over and then finally I'll hear them. A friend of mine and I have been emailing back and forth for the past couple weeks. And in one of these emails I asked the questions, "What is the Christians purpose while here on the earth?" It was kind of a spur of the moment question but one that has been in my mind constantly since I asked it. Is it to evangelize? Is it to worship God? I've heard someone say it was to give glory to God. Good answer but I don't think that goes far enough. Finally, as I was doing laundry (of all places!) it came to me. LOVE. Our purpose is to love. Our greatest commandment says to "love the Lord your God with all your heart..." and to "love your neighbor as yourself". It also says, " And now abideth faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love." (1 Cor. 13:13) We are to love. And if we love (God and others) all of these other things, evangelism, worship, glory to god, will come from that. This realization put me to some shame, I must admit. Do I love as Christ loved? Hardly. How does one get to the point of loving like Christ, though? Through reading the Word? Through prayer? Hmm....another question to study up on.

Running the race,

~A

No comments: