Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

Trying to be artsy

So, I've come to the conclusion that I really shouldn't be blogging. As I read through others blogs I see that they are deep and witty. I am neither of these! I am so amazed at how poetic people can be on these things. But, alas, I will keep posting my little thoughts. :) Here are some new pictures. Enjoy!


I love this place. One of my favorite days of the week is Monday. That's the day I pack up all the kids and we take a trip to the library. I LOVE to read. And I am determined to make sure my children do too. Every week we get 11 new books we've never read (well, once in a while we get an oldie but goodie) and then come home, settle on the couch, and read until it's time to do something else. It's a memory I'm hoping to instill in my children. And then one day, when they have their own children, maybe they'll pass it on.


My family drinks raw milk and these are the cows where it comes from. Isn't it funny that I can actually take pictures of the cows I get my milk from?? I know...all you city folks are gasping as I speak but let me assure you that the people around here have been drinking it since they were born and they are fine. So far, we've been too. Lately, I've come to really appreciate our local farmers. And I want to support them as much as possible. Many big, commercial farms are squashing out these little guys. I totally encourage all of you to shop local! It uses less resources and is much healthier for you! Did you know that the tomatoes you buy at the grocery store are actually picked green and then gassed to turn red?? Ew. Don't even get me started about processed foods. If you have a farmers market, go to it. You can go to www.localharvest.com to find one near you. Even better- grow it yourself.




A fun mom day. Sometimes being a mom requires you to let loose a little, get out of your "grow-up" zone and just be silly!




A little glimpse into a mennonite family. I thought maybe some of you would like it. This is Michaela. She's 7. She had just got back from gathering the eggs from her family's chickens. Fresh eggs are a million times better than store bought, by the way.




This was a very fun day. The sun was shining, I had the windows open, the children had been perfect angles all day. And I said "I'm making waffles!" The kids were quite giddy. We all had on our aprons and Lilly was cracking eggs (she's really very good!), Luke was stirring. It was a lot of fun. It's moments like these that make me SO happy to be a mom.


My whole family applied for passports the other day. With 5 of us, that was mighty expensive, let me tell you! We had to give them our picture, our address, our social security number, our first born child....okay, maybe not that last one. Why do they have to know so much?? It makes me nervous! I heard that every new passport is going to have a chip in it so they can track you. Hmm....me no likey. All in the name of security. I read an interesting quote the other day by Ben Franklin. He said, "Those who give up their liberties for temporary security will in the end lose both." Think about that.

Running the race,
~A

No comments: