Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Good music

First, before I start I have a message for Marie: Poop. There. Are you happy??? Okay. Moving on!

This entry is dedicated to all those Keith Green fans out there. For much of my life I had no idea who Keith Green was. I didn't grow up listening to christian music, especially christian music from the 70's. It wasn't until I was married that my husband introduced me to the music he grew up listening to. Keith Green. At first, I thought he was so cheesy that I could never listen to him. But then, as I started listening ot the lyrics and learning his story I was totally hooked! I have never, NEVER heard a more powerful musical evangelist. As one of John's co-workers put it, "It's like a sermon in every song." And that's true. I haven't heard a song yet that I haven't been moved by. And I don't mean to give him all the praise. He obviously had a very close relationship with the Lord. So, download his music. It's free! Shortly before his death (he died in a plane crash at 29 with 2 of his children) he released all of the rights to his music. He thought that the Lord had given him these songs and he wanted to share them with everyone. My favorite song of his is "Prodigal Son". Amazing music and lyrics but it's also 10:00 minutes long. So here is a video of my other favorite song "Asleep in the Light". Enjoy!

~A


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to check this music out; thank you for sharing!!

Marie said...

Ok the picture with the lamb is kinda cheesy, but his music really is great. It's so sad that he died so young...