Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Inspiration

Toddlers are difficult. And when you are around toddlers all day, I think it's very easy to focus on those difficulties- their selfishness, their stubbornness, their messiness! But lately I've been noticing a certain beauty in my children's personalities. I see a lot of attributes in them that I wish I saw more of in myself. Finally the other day I wrote out those qualities that I appreciate so much in them. And I discovered that I have a lot to learn from them.

10 GODLY CHARACTERISTICS I SEE IN MY CHILDREN THAT I WISH I SAW MORE OF IN MYSELF

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." ~ Matthew 18:3

But Jesus said," Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." ~Matthew 19:14

1. Trust ~ they trust us, as their parents, completely.
2. Joy ~ they are brought joy by the simplest things.
3. Contentment ~ they are just as content with a cardboard box or laundry basket as they are with some fancy toy.
4. Forgiveness ~ they can have a huge fight with their sibling one minute and then all is forgiven and forgotten the next.
5. Peace ~ they go to bed at night without a care in the world.
6. Curiosity ~ they have a hunger to know everything about this big world God created.
7. Obedience ~ when we ask them to do something, they do it simply because we asked them to.
8. Non- Judgmental ~ Black is no different than white, poor no different than rich, old no different than young.
9. Sincerity ~ they say what they mean and mean what they say.
10. Love ~ from cuddles to kisses, flowers to hand made cards, they express their love in so many ways with no shame or embarrassment, anywhere!


Be inspired to look for these in your children when you've had a hard day with them. They are there. If we nurture and encourage these beautiful, godly qualities while they are young the world with not drown them out. "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." ~ Proverbs 22:6 May God bless your day as you live to fulfill His purpose for you and your family!

Running the race,
~A

1 comment:

Leah said...

It is insane that all three of your children have the same excited expression you have. I love it!